Stargate Space Conflict English Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Some Bugs and maybe some solutions

5 posters

Go down

Some Bugs and maybe some solutions Empty Some Bugs and maybe some solutions

Post by T.r.i.p. Mon Aug 11, 2008 11:23 am

hey guys,
first of all this mod is good. I can see there a lot of work behind it und it's fun to play this mod.
But I have recognized some bugs or things that are not good as they are and I tried to fix them. First of all the vaygr race doesn't do anything in the mod, so I kicked some races out and included the hiigaraner race and the AI works.
My race.lua:
NotPlayable = 0
Playable = 1
races =
{
{ "Invalid", "Invalid", "", "", 0, NotPlayable, "", },
{ "Hiigaran", "$1100", "hyperspace_gate", "etg/special/SPECIAL_ABILITIES_HYPERSPACE_IN", 9.5, Playable, "HGN_", },
{ "Vaygr", "$1101", "hyperspace_gate_vgr", "etg/special/SPECIAL_ABILITIES_HYPERSPACE_IN", 9.5, Playable,"VGR_", },
{ "Anciens", "Anciens", "hyperspace_pegasus", "sgeffect/sghyperspace", 3, Playable, "ANC_", },
{ "Tauri", "Terriens", "hyperspace_pegasus", "sgeffect/sghyperspace", 3, Playable, "TAU_", },
}

You can include more races but this works fine. It seems to have the standard races in first place to work but I am not sure, I have to make more tests...

There is one really heavy bug:
I can't dock jumpers (collectors and corvett jumpers) at Atlantis. They fly into the tower and get stucked. I can select them but they can't move. They are not in the docking list of the mothership and if I use the hyperspace to move atlantis away the jumper move with it. Same problem if they have collected ressources and try to unload them at atlantis....

The next one is that the ancient drones are not very accured in aiming and so... well I fixed (I dunno if it was thought to make them so) the problem that they couldn't hit collectors which didn't move... I only changed the target angle to 1 or 0. This works fine now, but against moving units in the size of fighters or collectors the drones are not more usefull as they were before the change. They are just flying around the ships... But I am working on it and I could increase the chance to hit small moving units by uhm 500-700%. So 1 jumper squadron can now take out some fighter squads before getting killed by them. But that's not a solution I think. The drones have to hit in 95% in the first contact I think. And I know that would mean that they are very effective but they are effective in stargate, aren't they??

So if I can help you with scripting just let it me know
err and sry for my bad english^^

---UPDATE:

One last question:
The warships are often not firing the drones, is that correct or determined to shoot only sometimes to make them not to unfair or just another bug?
And what's with the attack sat.? It seems to me that it can't fire at the enmy if it isn't at the same or almost the same height.

T.r.i.p.
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

Some Bugs and maybe some solutions Empty Re: Some Bugs and maybe some solutions

Post by Jibbles Tue Aug 12, 2008 2:32 am

What version does this work for?

Jibbles
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

Post by T.r.i.p. Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:49 am

sry, the latest, 0.75a english

T.r.i.p.
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

Post by i am thor supreme command Wed Aug 27, 2008 3:53 pm

um i cant play any simple ways to play in english???

i am thor supreme command
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

Post by T.r.i.p. Sat Aug 30, 2008 3:57 am

what? Sry I don't understand your problem... and by the way, you should clear the "ai" directory in order to make sure that the hw2 races work properly

T.r.i.p.
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

Post by keroth12 Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:21 am

I need to find a more suitable host. you will do.

keroth12
New members
New members

Back to top Go down

Post by Hosolon Mon Feb 15, 2010 6:54 pm

HI the Odyyse class ships, the shield around them, it lasts to long

Hosolon
New members
New members

Back to top Go down